Recipe: Al Italiano Meato Pasto by Gregory
Love Italian food? Try this simple, super-tasty recipe...
Al Italiano Meato Pasto by Gregory
As featured in VENGEFUL LOVE: DECEPTION
“Who knew Mr. Sexy Bazillionaire CEO could cook?”
300g of fusilli or penne pasta
75g of Italian meats of choice, thinly sliced
25g of pepperoni or similar spicy sausage, thinly sliced
400g (1 tin) of chopped tomatoes
70g of double concentrate tomato puree
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 large red onion
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 red (medium hot) chilli
½ tspn oregano (dry) or equivalent fresh
½ tspn basil (dry) or equivalent fresh
1 tspn ground smoked paprika
½ tspn ground nutmeg
Salt and black pepper
Olive oil for cooking
Grated parmesan for topping
1. Thinly slice the red onion and peppers, lengthways.
2. Drizzle olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, drop in the crushed garlic followed by the sliced onion. Fry off until the onion browns slightly. Then add the sliced peppers and stir until the vegetables start to soften.
3. Add in the oregano, basil, smoked paprika, nutmeg, a pinch of salt and around 8 mill turns of black pepper. Add chilli here if you like your pasta sauce to have a little kick. Mix in the herbs and spices then add the tomato puree, coating all the vegetables.
4. Add the Italian meats (including pepperoni) then the chopped tomatoes. Stir until everything is evenly covered, then turn the heat low to simmer whilst you boil your pasta.
5. Boil your pasta with a pinch of salt (the timing will depend on whether you chose fresh or dried pasta, so cook this to your liking).
6. Drain the pasta thoroughly and mix with the pasta sauce.
To serve, top with grated parmesan. Rosemary focaccia or garlic bread makes a great accompaniment.
Gregory’s suggested tipple: Malbec
Vengeful Love: Deception is the second book in Laura Carter’s darkly suspenseful, sinfully sexy Vengeful Love series.
Check out the books in paperback, ebook and audio here.
Laura is a lawyer by day. By night she writes dark and sinfully sexy romance novels. Her debut trilogy, Vengeful Love, combines her love of devastatingly attractive billionaires, sassy alpha females and dry martinis.
Make sure you drop by Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to say to Laura, she loves hearing from readers: